Sunday, August 3, 2008
Lovey Tragedy
Oh what a morning! Anyone that knows Caleb, knows that he LOVES his Lovey. As you can tell from looking at the 2005 picture Lovey has changed through the years, but his love for "him" has not wavered. Today he was taking Lovey for a spin through the air and ....whoops! His face was priceless, and he literally thought that Lovey was going to live their forever. Rest assured he has made his way back into Caleb's loving arms, but it was a moment I won't forget.
We laugh about how it will just be a piece of string when he goes to college...maybe even framed. But no matter what...he will have it. Unlike his father, Daddy, who would like to share a piece of his history with you all...
"I still to this day wonder where "my Lovey" found his final resting place? Certainly, my Lovey would have been better off in my arms than secretly thrown underneath a dirty booth at a local Pizza Hut for the waitress to discard with the unused pepperonies. 'Oh Lovey how I miss you so. It is my hope that you can see I am trying my best to pass along the happiness you gave me to my son with his Lovey. On this day, August 3, 2008, I vow to never discard his Lovey'."
Love,
Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My goodness, did the child EAT the lovey??? In only 3 years it looks like it's been reduced to a thread (no pun intended). You should definitely frame it in a memory box someday - that is just precious!
What a tragedy this could have been! :) Thanks to Daddy and his fond/loving memory of his lost lovey, he saved the day! Hugs, Grandma P.
Post a Comment