Sunday, March 23, 2008
Easter 2008
Happy Easter to all of you! Despite how sick Caleb has been, he had a pretty good time today. We opened the Easter gifts and then around 11:00 (when Abby was sleeping) we headed outside for the "Nichols' Easter Egg Hunt". Since Abby isn't walking yet, we decided to hold her off until next year. Caleb thought the Easter Bunny was sooo nice to leave all those eggs outside.
Even though we all love the Easter Bunny, we have begun to share with Caleb and Abigail the true meaning of this holiday. Grandma Placeway bought us the Resurrection Eggs (created by Family Life) and Caleb really began to grasp the reality of what Christ did for us. He tells us that the Roman Soldiers really hurt Jesus and looks down to the floor with a sad face. Each year we will be doing this, and we have also decided to add some eggs with different Biblical meanings as well. It is amazing how much a 3 year old can understand.
Thank you God for your precious son Jesus Christ. We wouldn't be who we are today without Him in our lives.
Isaiah 52:13-15
Isaiah 53:1-12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So cute - okay, I gotta know how you do that whole "slideshow" thing with your pictures - that's so cool!!!
Happy Easter from The Poe's! I'm glad I found your blog. I love the giant cupcake from a couple of posts down! I'll have to know how you did that for Emily's birthday. I hope when the weather warms up we can get the boys (and girls) together again.
In spite of Caleb's illness, you made lemonade out of lemons and gave him a nice Easter. God's blessings for a quick recovery Caleb. Love, Grandma P.
Post a Comment